VAND Membership Types and Benefits
The Volusia Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is an affiliate of the Florida Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics which falls under our national association, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. VAND provides support, and both educational and networking opportunities to local registered dietitian nutritionists, registered dietetic technicians, and dietetic students. Additionally, VAND reaches into the community to provide a link between citizens and nutrition resources provided by registered dietitians.
- have the opportunity to earn free continuing professional education units, CPEUS, at our local meetings
- can take part in networking and social events designed to strengthen local dietetic practitioners
- have access to local job postings for career advancement
- become a part of a growing local network that offers community outreach
- can engage in a synergistic approach to educating the public about services provided by registered dietitians
- can, as a dietetic student, gain valuable experiences through our volunteer opportunities
- have, as a dietetic student, the opportunity to be nominated for scholarships and stipends offered through FAND
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics members and dietetic student Academy members are welcome to join the Volusia Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The membership year begins in September.
- Registered Dietitian annual membership $35.00
- Season Pass for nonmembers $75.00 for all 5 CPEUS offered
- Dietetic Student annual membership $15.00
- Non-members are welcome to join any CPEU opportunity for $20.00 per event.
Take a minute and see all that VAND accomplished for for 2015-16 and 2016-17:
If you are interested in becoming a VAND member, email VAND@eatrightvolusia.org.